Marc Edgcombe was first introduced to Accident Investigation and Reconstruction in 2009 when he attended and participated in his first Michigan Association of Traffic Accident Investigators (MATAI) Conference. During that conference, he remotely operated a full scale vehicle at 55 miles per hour for a live crash test. Since that conference, Mr. Edgcombe has been instrumental in the design, construction, and piloting of every remotely controlled crash vehicle MATAI has used in their live crash test conferences. Marc is a current member of MATAI and continues to attend both Spring and Fall conferences for continued education and research.
Marc holds a current Class A Commercial Drivers License with Doubles, Triples, Tankers, School Bus, and Passenger endorsements. Marc also has Commercial Vehicle driving experience that goes far beyond simply taking the test. Marc is a CDL Driver Instructor so he not only knows the “how’s” but is well versed on the “why’s". Marc understands Commercial Vehicle Dynamics, Pre-Trip Inspections, Drivers Logs, Hours of Service and more because he has experienced them firsthand. Marc has a forklift license and is also OSHA Certified through the 30 hour course.
Marc’s ability to instruct is always an asset when he is presenting in front of any number of people. He has presented at a number of MATAI conferences on various subjects including ECM data acquisition and analysis and commercial vehicle inspection techniques and procedures.
Marc’s education includes crash reconstruction curriculum from Michigan State University‘s HTSP College of Engineering and North Florida University’s Institute of Police Technology and Management program (IPTM) in the following areas:
• Advanced at scene investigations
• Identification and documentation of roadway evidence
• Crash Scene photography
• Identification and documentation of vehicle exterior evidence
• Identification and documentation of vehicle interior evidence
• Vehicle lamp analysis
• Vehicle tire analysis
• Reconstruction Formulae
• Advanced Crash Reconstruction: Vector Sum Analysis, Conservation of Momentum, Conservation of Energy, Law of Sines and Cosines, Mass Ratio considerations
• Pedestrian Crash Investigations
• Night Visibility
• Crush Damage Measurements
• Energy Applications in Crash Reconstruction
• Event Data Recorder (EDR)
• Commercial Vehicle Engine Control Module (ECM) Image Technician
• Commercial Vehicle Crash Investigations
• Level One Commercial Vehicle Inspections
• School Bus Crash Reconstruction
• Total Station Crash Scene Mapping
• Time and Distance analysis
• Vericom 4000 Operator
• ARAS 360 CAD
• ARAS 360 Crash Simulations and Animations
• Pix4D Scene and Model Rendering
• Virtual Crash 4 Scene Rendering and Animations
Marc is also a licensed Private Pilot.
One of Marc’s specialties is in the field of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. He has been designing, building, and flying UAV’s since 2010. Marc has employed UAVs in the field of Accident Investigation to obtain aerial videos and photographs of crash scenes and vehicles. These videos and photographs provide crucial information for both the initial investigation, reconstruction of the crash, and presentation in the court room. They also allow for the construction of the crash scene and involved vehicles in a virtual environment.
Marc works full time as an Accident Reconstructionist. He is passionate about Traffic Crash Reconstruction, whether he is working a crash scene, tracking down a crash vehicle, or creating a scale map.
Marc has worked multiple “At-Scene” traffic crashes. He has been instrumental in collecting data from crash scenes as much as 3 years after the fact, then successfully reconstructing the crashes to the to the agreement of both sides of the litigation.
Marc has taken the lead in crash reconstructions that law enforcement misrepresented in the strongest of terms. The reconstructions were skillfully presented due to his tenacity resulting in successful litigation.
Marc has been a conference presenter for the Michigan Association of Traffic Accident Investigators.
For more information or details pertaining to Mr. Edgcombe’s Curriculum Vitae, contact Brenda at email@example.com or 616-214-8365.